To maintain the accuracy of personal and dependent information in the University’s Campus Information System to grant preferential discounts for medical services at affiliated hospitals and withhold tax payable, it is required that all faculty and staff members take time to confirm, fill out or revise accordingly by Tuesday, December 20, 2022.
Steps to follow:
I. Personal Data:
Please verify the accuracy of your personal information and whether your photo has been uploaded by logging into the information system " T.1.0.01.教職員基本資料設定檔Faculty & Staff Basic Profile ". If there are any errors or omissions, please click "基本資料(修改)Basic Information (Revision)" to correct, upload, save the information, and then submit it for HR review.
II. Dependent information for preferential rates for medical services:
- By the pertinent regulations of the University's affiliated hospitals, dependents of certified full-time faculty and staff, including parents, spouses, minors (as per the Civil Code), and specific adult children, are entitled to preferential rates for medical services.
- In the event of a death of a family member or a change in family members due to divorce or (re)marriage, the applicable employee should take the initiative to apply online for a status adjustment for the family member concerned.
- Please login to the information system " T.1.0.07.教職員眷屬資料查詢T.1.0.07. Faculty & Staff Dependents Information Inquiry" to verify the online information. If the information is inaccurate, please go to "T.1.8.03.就醫優待補助申請Application for Preferential Rates for Medical Services " to correct, add or cancel the benefits, state the reason for the modification (e.g. change the name of a dependent), and upload the stipulated supporting document for review by HR.
III. Taxpayer’s application for tax exemption:
- As per Article 88 of the Income Tax Act, a taxpayer’s income of certain categories is subject to withholding tax by the tax withholder involved at the time of payment.
- All full-time faculty & staff including contracted employees, with spouses and dependents under Article 17 of the Income Tax Act are required to declare via "T.1.7.05.薪資免稅額人員申報Tax Exemption Declaration”.
- This filing is only applicable to payroll tax withholding for the year 2023.
- The information should be filled out based on the facts. For those who fail to do so, the income tax will be deducted according to the dependent status revealed on the above system.
For questions regarding the maintenance of the above information, please contact Mr. Pan at ext. 2064 for basic personal profiles; Ms. Hsieh at ext. 2070 for information on preferential rates for medical services; and Ms. Hsiao at ext. 2065 for information on tax exemption for salary recipients.